Click photo above for the full article. Inflammation is the leading cause of pain, especially in conditions like arthritis or fibromyalgia. To help reduce inflammation and relieve some of your pain, reach for an anti-inflammatory smoothie recipe to fuel your day.
The best ingredients to blend up into your anti-inflammatory smoothie recipes include:
- Leafy greens, like spinach
- Nuts, like almonds
- Hemp Seeds
- Maca (root)
- Aloe Vera
Want to drink sunshine in a glass? Reach for this mood-boosting, anti-inflammatory smoothie recipe!
An avocado provides the rich creaminess of this drink. It contains stress-fighting glutathione, which blocks intestinal absorption of specific fats that can cause oxidative damage, as well as high concentrations of beta-carotene, folate, and vitamin E.
This smoothie contains anti-oxidant rich carrots and the inflammation-fighting duo of turmeric and ginger. The carrot surprisingly lends sweetness to the drink, while the turmeric and ginger give it a warm earthy flavor. With coconut and banana, it’ll remind you of a tropical vacation.
1. In your blender, add:
- 8oz water
- 8oz coconut water
- 4 dates (pitted)
2. Blend these ingredients on medium/high speed until creamy, then add:
- 1 banana (frozen)
- 1 Tbsp avocado
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 carrot (sliced)
- 1 knob fresh tumeric (about 1 tsp)
- Dash of Pink Himalayan Salt
3. Blend all ingredients, working up from low to high speed on blender, adding ice and water to achieve your desired texture and creaminess.
*Optional Superfoods for Powerful Anti-Inflammatory:
- 1 tsp coconut oil - anti-inflammatory, boosts metabolism, anti-microbial
- 1 tsp maca (root) - anti-inflammatory, energy booster, hormone balance
- 2 Tbsp Aloe Vera Juice - anti-inflammatory, stomach-ease, antioxidant rich
1. In Juicer:
- 3 green apples
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 lemon (unpeeled- peel contains important nutrients!) *organic only- commercial lemons have dye & pesticides
- 1 knob fresh ginger
- 1 knob fresh tumeric
- 3 celery stalks
2. Stir and consume immediately. Once juiced, the sooner it is consumed, the more nutrient rich it is.